Wednesday, December 2, 2009

The Day Joseph Was Born - Monday November 30, 2009


I was on my second to last call. The plan was to work through December 11th and then pick a day for induction between the 14th and 18th. At 1am I got called for a delivery at St. John's hospital. I said good night to Dan and headed to the hospital. After the delivery around 1am, a patient scheduled for c-section came to the hopital with ruptured membranes. I called Dan to let him know I wouldn't be home until much later. At 2:30am I started the c-section. When I was almost done with the section, I started to feel extremely nauseated. I finished the c-section and after dictating, I became sick. Turns out, I was in labor - 4cm with contractions every 1-2min. I called Dan around 5am and Dan came to the hopital. After a full day of nausea, vomiting, and contractions. Joseph James was born after 1 hour of pushing at 6:20pm. Weight: 6lbs 7oz. Height: 21inches. Dan cut the cord. Dr. Less did the delivery. Grandma and Grandpa Dvoracek and Uncle Nick and Aunt Katie came to the hospital to visit.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so happy for you. You were adorable in your pregnant photo. Joseph looks like a sweet little boy! Much love, Christy and Brian Takemoto

    ReplyDelete
  2. Talk about being at the right place at the right time! ;-) Congrats to both of you, he is a beautiful little boy. I can't wait to meet him!

    All my best to the new family!

    -krista

    ReplyDelete